Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Baroque Motifs


This card is my effort for the SCS Color Challenge this week. The challenge is to make a card using Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Certainly Celery colors on the card. I've been wanting to pull out this stamp set again since its been a while since I used it. I chose to use the pink as the card base and then repeated the color in the medallion. I used the SU scallop punch for the medallion center and used another circle cutter and scallop punch for the remaining shapes. I love the way the chocolate chip color makes this card pop. Celery grosgrain ribbon was placed under the medallion. I've always liked the retired corner punch and decided it was just what I needed to carry out the swirls of the scallop background image. A half-pearl from our Pretties Kit finished the card.

No comments: