Friday, September 5, 2008

True Friend Inspiration Piece


I was browsing through a recent Quilting Arts magazine and saw a quilt that took my eye! It had colors so similar to our new Stampin' Up! 2008 In Colors that I was inspired to make a card with those colors. (Quilting Arts Issue 34, pg. 38).
I started with a piece of Gable Green card stock and sponged YoYo Yellow and Baja Breeze inks onto the card. Next I stamped the swirl from Season of Joy three times in Handsome Hunter. They make interesting stems! The not-so-real floral images from True Friend were stamped in white craft ink and embossed with white E.P. I cut them out and layered them on circles of Tangerine Tango paper, cut out with Nestabilities circles. The 5-petal punch made the 3rd flower, layered on a white one so a little white edge would show.
The scalloped edge of the Bella Rose D.P. was made with the slit punch, then layered on top of a piece of Tangering Tango. The ribbon, Pomegranate stitched ribbon, was used since I don't have any Riding Hood Red ribbon yet! The card front was layered on Handsome Hunter, then on a tent-folded Riding Hood Red card base. Hope you like this fun card! Thanks for visiting!

No comments: