Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gift Card holder















Here's a gift card holder I made for my son for his birthday. He'll probably spend it for his lawn improvements, so I chose the cute Wheel Thing stamp set for the front. I had a piece of the orange designer paper from several years ago, and I thought it was the right color for matching up with the orange Home Depot logo on the gift card. The paper also had some green stripes in it, so I carried that color to the inside of the holder. The wheelborrow was embossed with VersaMark and black E. P. The sentiment on the front, It's a Guy Thing, was computer generated.

The holder is made with 1/2 sheet of paper cut the long way. It is scored at 2 inches from one end and 4.5 inches from the other end. I used a 1 3/8 in. circle punch to make the half-circle punchout before folding the small end in and fastening with two gold brads. I cut a backing in black to cover the prongs and accent the card. I wrote a brief message on the green left inside of the holder. Love using up old stuff and creating something fun at the same time! Thanks for looking! Have a great day.

1 comment:

Sandie C said...

What a neat way of presenting a gift card. Thanks for sharing