Saturday, February 21, 2009

Adorable warm words card



This little card was made as a Valentine by using a valentine greeting inside, but it would certainly be appropriate for many other occasions also! On the inside I added a plain white card to stamp on or write the greeting.

The card on page 132 of the Spring-Summer Idea Book and Catalog was my inspiration for this card. I used the retired Label Classics stamp set for the frame. I sponged chocolate chip ink around the edge of the label. I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to make the chocolate chip strip under the label. The punched flower has a gold brad in the center. Saffron Prints Designer Paper is layered over the bottom of the card.

Supplies: Warm Words and Label Classics stamp sets, Whisper White, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, and Creamy Caramel card stock. Prints DSP, 3-flower punch, brads.

I like the contrasting colors and the simplicity of the layout. This card measures 5 1/2" tall and 3 3/4" wide. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: