Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Good Egg in a frame



Don't you love this little chick? This is my take on a card I found on Splitcoast Stampers. I used the retired Candy Designer Series paper and vellum as the background. It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but it is so pretty and Spring-like!

The other layers are Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal, Lovely Lilac, and Barely Banana card stock. The top two layers were cut with square scallops nestibilities. The little chick is stamped on white and cut out. His beak is colored with marker, and there is a light pink pastel on his cheeks. His pants are the vellum paper placed over pink card stock. He sits inside the frame which was punched out of the scallop square with a 1 1/4" square punch. I finished the frame off with a small bow of pink organdy which was tied around the frame. I hope you this card inspires you to think Spring!

No comments: