Monday, June 8, 2009

Scallop Oval Frame with Best Blossoms



In response to a request for ideas to use with the scallop oval frame die , I have made 4 cards which I will post this week. Here's the first one.

Because the frame is almost too big for a standard sized card, I chose to crop the frame in this layout.

Using the Color Coach to select my colors, I used Amethyst, Pixie Pink, and Certainly Celery.

The background was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The oval frame was cut from a polka dot designer paper which I sponged with Amethyst ink.

After stamping all the images, I assembled them and tied the ribbon to hide where the card stock meets. The blossom was stamped on Pixie Pink and cut out. It is attached with a dimensional. I also decorated the inside of the card by attaching a white area for writing which has a border of scalloped pink paper topped with a strip of celery and dsp.

I hope his will encourage you to be creative with your scalllop oval frame die.


Supplies: Stamps - Best Blossoms. Paper: WhisperWhite, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink. Inks: same as paper. Accessories: Scallop border punch, Sponges, Sizzix Scallop Oval frame die, ribbon.














No comments: