Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fresh Cuts square card



This square card measures 4 1/4 inches. I love these little cards. They are so much fun to make.

I started with a piece of retired Marigold Morning card stock. I love this color and have almost used up my supply of it!

The leaf pattern was stamped on whisper white paper in Certainly Celery and Almost Artichoke ink. I sponged the edges of the card with Artichoke ink and layered it on a piece of Artichoke paper. Next, I topped the stamped layer with a celery square over another artichoke card. It is tied up with a narrow gold satin ribbon.

The main image was stamped in Artichoke ink on white paper. I colored the flowers and leaves with Pure Color pencils. The oval shapes were cut out with Nestabilities plain and scalloped dies. A silk flower was added as an embellishment, with a Circle Fire Rhinestone brad. I haven't used this stamp set in a while.. I really like it! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: