Friday, October 9, 2009

Patterned Pines


I chose this pretty pine tree set for my first Christmas card creation this year. I think it has lots of possibilities for a variety of cards.
The card front was embossed with the textured impressions Petals a-Plenty folder. I stamped the trees in Old Olive ink, cut them out, and mounted them on Old Olive paper and cut them out again. Actually, the cutting went very quickly since they are all straight lines. I arranged them on a white circle, then layered them on a Riding Hood Red (retired color) circle.
The trees were also stamped on the Olive Green strip to give some interest to that area.
A length of 1/2" striped grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around the green card, and the sentiment was stamped on a scrap of white paper and punched out with the Designer Label punch. The punch-out was backed with another label that was cut in half and layered behind the white piece. When I began to assemble the card I decided to move the circles off the edge of the card, so I cut them off even with the card.
I do like this color combination. I hope my Riding Hood Red paper lasts me through the holidays!

No comments: