Friday, December 4, 2009

Petals-A-Plenty

I've been wanting to try a card using the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder. It was so easy to do once I stopped making mistakes! I thought I would try a technique I'd seen on Patty Bennett's blog. It's a way of altering the embossing folder to make an oval for stamping on in the center. But I messed it up when I stamped it and didn't like the placement. So I decided to cover it up with these ovals. I hated to waste the beautiful background piece.
There is shimmer paint on the tree, but the photo doesn't show it. I also added a little rhinestone on the star for some extra bling.
The red striped ribbon adds some extra color, and the red is repeated inside with a layer of red paper under the white area left for a message. Also not visible is a snowflake from the Season of Joy set. It is stamped in red in the lower left corner on the inside of the card.
I do like the way the card turned out. I'll be trying another one soon and hope I don't have to cover up my mistakes! Hope you enjoy this card.

No comments: