Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vogue VintageThank you

I've been wanting to try a card with this new set from the Occasions mini catalog. It is called Vintage Vogue. I found my inspiration from a similar card by Canadian demonstrator Marika LeMay.
I chose Cameo Coral for the base card and combined it with Chocolate Chip for the accent color.
The images were all stamped on Naturals White card stock. I inked the vine image with a Close to Cocoa marker and a Cameo Coral Marker. The panel was sponged all around the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and a Stampin' sponge. The main flower images were stamped with Cameo Coral ink. I cu them out leaving a white edge showing. The little leaves were stamped in Old Olive ink and cut out.
I used the Sizzix Bird w/Leaves die cut and some scraps of Old Olive card stock to create the swirls and leaves under the flowers. A colored button creates the flower's center.
I repeated the vine pattern along the left edge of a Naturals White card on the inside to provide an area for a personal note.
I was pleased with the finished card. Don't you think the sponging softens the look of this card?
You can purchase this set with your choice of wood mount or to use with our new clear mount blocks. Any purchase totaling $50 or more will also qualify you for a free product from our Sale-a-bration catalog, available only through March. Contact me for more information or click in the circle at the top of the page to order online!


No comments: