Thursday, May 6, 2010

Old Favorite Classic Pickups


I know it's been a  while since I posted.  I've been on vacation! Now I'm back and I've got a lot planned to show you.  I'll be working with some new products in the next few days, but today I'll be sharing a card I made recently.  I needed a birhday card for my grandson so I selected this pickup truck from the retired Classic Pickups stamp set.  He has a pickup so I'm hoping he'll like this one !
I chose Whisper White card stock for the card base.
Next,  I layered a piece of Chocolate Chip paper on top, then added a striped pattern from the retired Parisian Breeze paper collection. 
The pickup is stamped in black StazOn ink on a Whisper White circle, then colored with Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter. I used a Zig silver pen to add shiny highlights to the metal bumper and tires.  The edge  was sponged with some blue ink. 
The happy birthday greeting was stamped and embossed with white craft ink and white E.P.
A blue button from Fresh Favorites I collection carries the blue color across the card.
Sometimes I think it's fun to use an old favorite stamp!
List of stamps used: Classic Pickups, Crazy for Cupcakes, and On Your Birthday.
Thanks for visiting today!

No comments: