Saturday, July 31, 2010

Accordian Fold Birthday

I
        I found this unique fold on a card created by Michelle Singer.  I loved the look and decided to try my version.  I wanted something unusual for a special  birthday card and decided this would be the layout to use.
The stamp set is the new Level 1 Hostess set Because I Care from the Idea Book and Catalog.
The flower was stamped on Whisper White card stock and cut out.  The designer paper is retired Recollections, one of my all-time favorites. 
Open up the accordion fold and you will see the second section is the designer paper.  I decided to emboss it in the big shot with the new Elegant Lines Textured Impressions embossing folder.  I also added a piece of burgundy organza ribbon.
The last photo shows all three folds of the card and envelope with the flap which was decorated with dsp. I used a piece of Vellum card stock over the patterned paper on the card base to mute the design. Michelle has a wonderful tutorial of the steps for making this card.  If you want to make something special I  would recommend you give it a try.  It was very time consuming but the result was worth it!
Thanks for stopping by today!





1 comment:

Mickey Roberts said...

Awesome, Diane! So elegant and romantic with all the rich colors!