Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Days of Gratitude

I loved this pretty stamp set when it came out in the Mini Catalog last year.  I was so pleased to see it in the current IB&C. 
I chose these vibrant colors for a  Fall card: Old Olive, More Mustard, and Really Rust (retired).  I was out of the current color, Cajun Craze, which  will be used on the next one!
The medallion image was stamped in VersaMark ink on Very Vanilla card stock and embossed with  clear E.P.  I used the emboss/resist technique to color the image with inks and sponge daubers.  I wiped off excess ink with a tissue and cut out the image. 
The shape behind the medallion was cut from the top note die.  After each cut it was rotated and cut again, rotating a total of 3 times.
The little button in the center was made by stamping the center of the medallion and embossing it with clear E.P. before punching out with a 1/2" circle punch.  The little black brad was added and the button was attached with a dimmensional.
The images were layered over a piece of Old Olive card stock that was embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.
This is my first Autumn card and it has put me into the mood for creating more! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: