Saturday, November 26, 2011

Glittered Christmas Lodge

Good afternoon, everyone.  After a busy Thanksgiving and a wonderful time visiting with family I'm ready to get back into stamping and focus on completing my Christmas cards. 
I was looking for an image that would fit on this pretty scallop oval die cut.  I  think that this Christmas Lodge image fits perfectly.
The card base is Crumb Cake, cut into a  4 1/4 x 11" strip, and scored to make a gate fold.
It was stamped with White craft ink  using the little "bubble" image from the French Foliage stamp set.  I think it looks like snowflakes.
The oval and scallop pieces were cut from Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler card stock. 
The lodge was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink on the white oval. 

To attach the scallop frame to the outside, I found the center scallop and applied adhesive to the left side only, and then attached it to the left card front. 
Leaving the card closed,  adhesive was applied inside the frame on the right side of the crumb cake card front.  The oval was placed over the adhesive, attaching it only on the right side of the card. 
I like the way it opens and closes.
The last step was to add the glitter to the roof areas, porch and ground.  The new Dazzling Details made application quick and easy.

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog today.  Happy Stamping!










   

No comments: