Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tropical Party for the New Year

I wanted to make a card for the New Year, and I found a fun challenge at Less is More. 
The challenge is to make a clean and simple card using Drinks as the theme.
I chose the SU retired stamp set Tropical Party. 
The  base of the card is So Saffron, cut to make a 4 1/4" square card.
The palm image was stamped on Glossy White card stock and layered on a piece of Garden Green card stock.  The Coconut was stamped and cut out with paper snips and popped up with dimensionals.  The 2013 banner was stamped in Garden Green and hand cut.
This was a fun and easy card to make.  I enjoyed seeing cards other players made for this challenge.
I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year in 2013.

Diane

3 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

great little card

Thanks for joining us
Sorry for the late visit...
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

gale said...

This is so cute! Makes me want to drink something tropical. lol

Chrissie said...

Super card Diane, it reminds me of Caribbean cruises!
Thanks so much and Happy New Year!
Chrissie
"Less is More"