Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Emboss Resist Technique

I love to see pretty tags on holiday gifts...

and the Emboss Resist technique is a fun way to make them.
The design was stamped in VersaMark ink on a piece of white card stock.  It was embossed with white embossing powder.  I like to use an embossing buddy before stamping so that the embossing powder will stay where it belongs when the heat tool is used.

Wild Wasabi ink was sponged over the embossed areas with a sponge.  Rhinestones were used to decorate and add some bling.  A Merry Christmas banner was popped up with dimensionals to finish it off.  The tag is layered on a piece of Wild Wasabi card stock.  These tags are large enough to create a scene or a collage design.
The green tag is 3" x 5 1/2".



The blue tag below was made with one of the Chalk Talk framelits.  I made the tag longer than the size of the framelit by adjusting my cutting plates.  The finished tag measures 2 1/2" x 5 ".  Here's how it was done:
First I completed my stamping on a piece of white card stock. Then I  positioned the framelit over the stamped area that I wanted to include on the tag.
 Next I cut the top of the tag, keeping the top cutting plate above the bottom edge of the tag.
 To make the second cut I moved the framelit down the tag to make the tag longer.  I kept the framelit in the cutting line, and  kept the top cutting plate below the top of tag.  Then I made the cut without cutting the top of the tag. Not so hard to do, and I was able to add extra length to the tag to accommodate my design.  The tag was layered over a piece of card stock.
The colors of the ink and card stock are Marina Mist.  The ribbon is Baja Breeze seam binding, but the colors blend very nicely.



I appreciate your visit to my blog.  I am always happy to see your comments and will answer any questions you may have about this technique.
Have a happy stamping day!


No comments: