Tuesday, October 14, 2014

An Open Heart

I seem to be drawn to bird stamps, especially when they look realistic.  I guess that's why I enjoy making cards with birds.  Now I'm not saying I have them colored correctly!  That is purely a matter of interpretation.  So, with that being said, I hope you enjoy this one!

Stamp sets are An Open Heart and  Gorgeous Grunge.
I've used shades of Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Always  Artichoke inks, coloring with my Aqua Painter to achieve contrast in colors. Tangelo Twist was used for the berries.
The ground has been sponged with a sponge dauber.  The sky was also sponged with Pear Pizzazz ink and Soft Sky ink.
The card stock is Tangelo Twist, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla.
A Framelit from the Labels Collection was used to frame the top edge of the stamped image.

No comments: