Saturday, January 2, 2016

Another Gift Card


This project was my take on a gift card holder shown by Patty Bennett .    I used a different sized bag and adjusted measurements before assembling the pieces.
This little bag with white polka dots is so cute for the project, and I just happened to have one left from a retired catalog.
 


Here are the cards I used in the pockets.
The one with the mailbox is for the message, and the other one is a small square envelope that I will use for a gift of cash.  The layered circle says "It's your  Birthday."  So sorry it is out of focus!

I was pleased with the look that the fringe scissors provided.  It adds a lot of interest.
The lace ribbon adds a vintage look.  The white layered circle was stamped with Daydream Medallions and the bird stamp is from For the Birds.  Both stamp sets are retired.
I also added some Washsi tape where the bottom of the bag was  folded up to make a pocket. It wasn't lying as flat as I liked and the Washi tape was the perfect solution. 
I love getting into my stash and pulling out old favorites. Sometimes they make the best cards!

I appreciate your comments.  Stop by again soon!

No comments: