Sunday, September 14, 2008

Brayered Thank You

The background on this card was done with the brayer and sponges. I used the regular rubber brayer, but a sponge brayer gives even a softer look. You might like to try both to see which you like better. Brayering has become a very popular technique since Michelle Zindorf has been posting lots of tutorials on the Splitcoast Stampers website. I've implemented several of her techniques on this card.

I began by brayering about 2/3 of a glossy card with Apricot Appeal ink. Then I turned the card around and brayered Bashful Blue on the top portion. I sponged More Mustard in the center and around the paper circle. Next, Old Olive ink was sponged on the lower 1/4 of the card over the Apricot color. I then removed the paper circle and sponged

More Mustard ink lightly over the circle. I sponged black ink lightly over the top edge and also in the bottom left corner and along the bottom edge to give depth and some shadow to the color.

Using Embrace Life stamp set, I stamped the leaves using classic black ink. I added the Thank You sentiment at the top. The card is layered onto an Apricot Appeal layer, then an Always Artichoke card. A black brad in the top right corner completes the card. This photo is a little dark so you don't see the all the beauty of the colors. It really looks better in real life! Hope you will give brayering backgrounds a try! Thanks for visiting today.

1 comment:

loyaz said...

A great card. Thanks for sharing. I especially appreciate your 'how to' info.
DianeL