Friday, September 12, 2008

Embrace Life for you


I made this bright card for a swap. I love red, black and white cards!
The stem and flowers are from Embrace Life. It was stamped in black ink on whisper white card stock. The blossoms were stamped on real red card stock and cut out, then attached to the leaf stems. I colored the leaves with Metallic pencils so they have a nice shimmer.
The sentiment is from the Fresh Cuts stamp set. I decided to attach the white circle on the edge of the other circles for more interest. I was out of black brads, but I think the eyelet looks just fine! The focal point has a folded piece of gingham ribbon attached to the back, and is then layered on a real red layer, then again on a black card base.
This stamp set is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Hope you like it, too!

No comments: