Thursday, September 18, 2008

Organic Grace with scallops


This layout is one I found on a blog by Connie Babbert. It uses the new scallop border punch. Using a square that measures 2 3/4", just punch out each side, but leave the connecting piece on each corner.
I stamped the focal point flower from the new Hostess set, Organic Grace, in black StazOn ink on watercolor paper. I colored it with a turquoise ink refill and an Aqua painter. The thin turquoise square around the flower is from the retired set, Simple Shapes. The flower center is colored with an Apricot Appeal marker, then colored it with a VersaMark pen and embossed with clear E.P. The flower is attached to a larger square of Tempting Turquoise. The little bee comes from the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set. I love that little bee! He is colored with Summer Sun and Basic Black Markers. I thought later of covering him with crystal effects, but maybe I'll do that next time!
I dyed some white grosgrain ribbon by pulling the ribbon over the Cool Carribean ink pad with a sponge dauber on top to hold it in place. The ribbon was pulled through the holes in the scalloped piece and tied in a knot.
The card base is Cool Carribean. The next layer up is whisper white card stock. I used the wheel, It's Beautiful, and Cool Carribean ink to make the background paper. The scallop edge punch was used on the bottom edge, as it also was for the vellum card stock layer on top. The cute flower brads at the top of the card came from my stash, and manufacturer is unknown. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did when I made it! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: