Thursday, September 18, 2008

Upsy Daisy brayered card


I've been wanting to share this technique with you! This is so much fun to do, and very easy also. To make the sun, I punched a 1" circle on a post-it-note and positioned it where the sky would be. The glossy card was then brayered with a sponge brayer (although the regular rubber brayer works fine, too), using a spectrum pad. I removed the post-it-note and sponged Apricot Appeal ink with a dauber to give the sun it's color. Next, I stamped the floral silhouette in classic black ink. I let it dry a few minutes, and layered it on a piece of basic black card stock.
The backgkround paper at the bottom is some of the Bella Rose designer paper. The Birthday Celebrations sentiment was stamped on More Mustard paper, then punched using the large oval punch. I punched out a green designer label and layered them together. The ribbon is from a retired Ribbon Originals Jersey collection. I love how it matches! The card base is More Mustard. Hope you'll try this fun technique soon!

1 comment:

Ret said...

Very pretty, pretty card!