Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fabulous Flowers with Kissing Technique




The flower on this card was made using the "kissing " technique. It was first inked in Apricot Appeal. Next a small flower stamp was inked in Ruby red. It was stamped on the inked rubber of the flower stamp. Then the flower was stamped on white paper. I cut it out and put it on a layer of Wild Wasabi, then a layer of Ruby Red. The words, "for you" are from the Fresh Cuts stamp set. The backgkround papers are designer prints paper, a ruby red card strip, and certainly celery. A piece of hodgepodge hardware and a little celery ribbon are the added embellishnents. This card measures 4 1/2" square. Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Joyce Spear said...

Wonderful card! I especially love the color combination! I don't have this set, but now I'll be looking through my stamps to see if I have a stamp that will work as well with the kissing technique.

I stop by your blog from time to time, but am wondering if you would consider using Feedblitz or some similar service to send out emails when you update. I see you're set up for RSS feed, but unfortunately that doesn't work for me on my computer -- and I'd really like to keep current on what you're doing. Keep up the great work!

Ret said...

I have this set, Diane!! I will have to try this technique!! Yours came out gorgeous!!