Monday, October 27, 2008

Faux Silk Technique




This card uses the technique called Faux Silk. It lhas a wrinkled look just like real silk. The image is from Embrace Life stamp set. I stamped it with black StazOn ink on tissue paper. If your tissue paper has a shiny side, you will want to stamp on the matte side. Next, I colored the flowers with Pretty in Pink markers. The paper was wadded up into a ball, then opened up and smoothed out a little. Using a Stampin' Up glue stick, I throroughly covered a piece of white card stock. Then I patted the tissue paper to the glued card. When dry, I trimmed the tissue close to the card. Next, I layered the piece on Artichoke card stock. I tinted a piece of white organdy ribbon with artichoke ink, then tied it around the card.

The sentiment is stamped on white in artichoke ink, then punched with the large oval punch. A second oval was punched out of Artichoke paper, cut in half, and glued to the sentiment. A silver brad was added for an embellishment. I also tied a small piece of silver cord around the bow. I hope you enjoy trying this technique. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: