Sunday, April 26, 2009

Garden Silhouettes


After my post yesterday I decided I wanted to try another card using the same sketch challenge.
This time I chose Garden Silhouettes (retired) as my main image. I started the background by brayering Barely Banana ink over the top third of the card. Then I added a mask for the sun over the brayered section.
Next I began sponging color around the mask, gradually moving to the bottom of the card. Colors I used, from light to dark, were apricot, orange, pumpkin pie, mustard, chocolate chip, and a very small amount of basic gray.
I stamped the stems in basic black, then cut the card into the four panels and layered it over a black piece. The little birds were added with a fine-lined marker.
The sentiment is from Reason to Smile retired stamp set.
I like the way the sponged colors fade into each other, giving the card strong colors and a feeling of brightness. I thought the sentiment fit it nicely. Hope this day has given you a reason to smile! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Monica Anderberg said...

So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

Hugs Monica