Saturday, July 18, 2009

Upsy Daisy with resist technique





Inspiration for this card actually came from our new SU Idea Book and Catalog! But I hate to use bleach, so I decided to try a VersaMark resist technique instead.

I stamped the image in VersaMark ink on Summer Sun paper and used Clear E.P. to emboss it. Then I tried to brayer Pumpkin ink over it, but I was not happy with the result. So I rubbed my Only Orange pigment stampin' spot over the whole thing. It gave great coverage and true color! Using a tissue, I wiped off the excess ink from the image. Then I covered it with a piece of clean scrap paper and ironed over it until the VM melted, leaving the image bright yellow on my now orange card.
The oval was cut with a Spellbinder's nestability die, and a M.S. Punch was used to make the green strip. I knotted a piece of blue ribbon around the green strip and added a couple of brads. The card base is Pacific Point card stock. I like how the card turned out!

No comments: