Saturday, August 8, 2009

Le Jardin Botanique


Today I am sharing a card I made for a wedding anniversary. The card base is mellow moss, and it is layered with a piece of old olive. I'm sorry that the colors aren't true in the photo! The tree, from the Le Jardin Botanique, is stamped in old olive ink, with the tree trunk inked in Chocolate Chip with a marker. It is stamped on a quarter sheet of Barely Banana, then trimmed. The card was hand cut from the top right corner to the bottom left after drawing a light pencil line.
The Congratulations sentiment is from the Congrats Sale-a-bration set. The little corners were made with the small square punch and 2-inch punch and then cut diagonally. The blue paper was a light blue, possibly soft sky. (I'm not sure which one it was!)
Inside the card I added a piece of barely banana card stock and stamped the flower from the Le Jardin Botanique set on the left side. I also scalloped the bottom of the inside banana sheet, and added another scallop under it punched out from the blue piece. The sentiment inside was also from the Congrats set. I hope you enjoy this slightly different layout. It was fun to make!

No comments: