Friday, December 18, 2009

Delightful Decorations Card

Hi, Everyone! Today's card is one more Christmas card that I needed to make. I got almost all of them addressed today, but I was short a few.
This card uses the new Delightful Decorations stamp set. The ornament was stamped in Wild Wasabi ink (retired color) and punched out with the new ornament punch. The design on the ornament was colored in with a gold pen.
I brayered the bottom portion of the background with Wasabi ink, then I used my Gold Encore ink pad to stamp the swirl image from Baroque Motifs. Next, I added gold embossing powder and heat-embossed the image. I also stamped and embossed the sentiment. I popped up the ornament with dimensionals.
The card base is Wild Wasabi paper. It is topped with a Whisper White card that was dry embossed with the pretty Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Embossing Folder by running it through the Big Shot.
This project was inspired by a card made by shadowkat1283 that was posted on Splitcoaststampers website.
I hope this stamp set makes it into the next catalog. I really like working with it!

No comments: