Sunday, April 4, 2010

Enjoy Every Moment Birthday Card


I've had this stamp set, Enjoy Every Moment, for a long time, but forget to pull it out very often. I saw this layout which I loved, and it inspired me to try something similar with my stamps and colors.


The second photo shows a close-up of the flower. It was stamped twice and cut out. The bottom flower was curled under using a bone folder. The top flower was curled up on each petal. Then a white button (designer button latte) was added on top after it was tied with a piece of crochet thread which had been colored with an ink refill.


The last photo shows the inside of the card. Although the colors aren't true in the photo, the paper image is stamped on Whisper White, layered on Bermuda Bay, and then mounted on the Gable Green card base.

This was an interesting card to make. I gave a lot of thought about how to layer the flower before I decided to shape the petals with my bone folder. I love how the button latte picks up the flower shape. It is perfect for this card.

Thanks so much for visiting today!


Supplies:
Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment, Vintage Labels
Paper: Gable Green, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Ink: Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, Taken With Teal
Accessories: Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Bermuda Bay 1/2" polka dot grosgain ribbon, designer button latte, crochet thread, Round Tab Punch, Stampin' Sponges

No comments: