Friday, April 16, 2010

On a Pedestal birthday

I really like creating with this fun stamp set!  I keep looking for new ways to use the stamps so my cards each have a unique look.  Sometimes it's hard to do when the stamp set just has "one look!"
I started with cutting the Chocolate Chip circle to create an area to display the focal point.  Then I stamped the different layers of the cake using Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip ink.
The cake seemed to need a ground of some sort so I added the cherries at the base of the pedestal.
That got me to thinking about what I could put inside the card.
I decided on the sentiment at the top and a bowl of cherries at the  bottom.  I also added a double row of scallops at the bottom with the scallop edge punch. 
Here's a close up of the cherries.  I took a circle punch and cut it in half for the bowl.   After stamping several cherries I adhered the bowl in place.  It was a quick card to assemble once the stamping was complete.
I think I like the way it turned out!
Thanks for looking in today.

No comments: