Friday, January 7, 2011

Plane & Simple Birthday

This is one of the stamp sets in the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  I love the masculine feel it brings to the card.
I've used Whisper White, Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze for my card colors.
The plane is stamped on white card stock and cut out.  The edges were sponged with Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber.  Then it was stamped twice again without reinking to show the images with different depths of color. 

The happy birthday sentiment was stamped in Baja Breeze ink on a scrap of Whisper White, cut out with paper snips and mounted on another scrap of Crumb Cake. I chose to trim it in a banner shape before mounting it on the card with dimmensionals.

The open area was cut from  Baja Breeze paper with the Circle Scissors Plus, making  a 3" circle.
The main airplane has an extra layer of the wing stamped, cut out and attached to give some extra dimmension.

 The plane is also stamped in Crumb Cake ink on the envelope flap.  I really like to finish it off so it coordinates with the card.
The envelope was hand-made since the card is not a standard size.


I hope you've enjoyed  looking at my project.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend

1 comment:

Mickey Roberts said...

Great card, Diane! I wanted to say it was pretty because I really like the color combo, but figured that wouldn't be right since it was a masculine kind of card and you know how guys feel about being called pretty...