Saturday, February 19, 2011

Card Purse project


I wanted to make a little box to hold some cards.  I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for this pretty purse project.
I used the Things I Love stamp set to decorate the purse front.  The images are stamped on Naturals White card stock and layered on a Chocolate Chip scalloped square cut out with the Bigz Scallop Squares die and the Big Shot. Layers of Elegant Soiree dsp and Baja Breeze card stock were also added.  The small heart punch was used to make the little Real Red heart in the top right corner.  
The opening at the top of the purse was punched with the 1 3/4" circle punch and the scalloped circle punch was used to punch the designer paper. The red heart was dabbed with Champagne Mist paint to give it some shimmer.  Some white organdy ribbon was added to tie it all together.


The sentiment from the set was stamped on Naturals White card stock and punched out with the large oval punch.  After shading with a sponge and chocolate chip ink the oval was layered to a Real Red scalloped oval and attached with dimensionals.

There is room inside the box for standard-sized cards and envelopes.
Here's one of the cards I made.
I also used the Baja Breeze card stock and Elegant Soiree paper on the card front. A border strip was punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch.  It was added to the edge of the patterned paper.  A scalloped square was added and topped with a Naturals White square featuring the sentiment from Curvy Verses stamp set. Once again, the paper layers have been sponged with ink.
I originally started this as a Valentine project, but I didn't finish it in time for this year.   Nevertheless, I think it will make a nice gift set for almost any occasion. Don't you?

I hope your day is filled with happy stamping!

1 comment:

Mickey Roberts said...

Adorable project, Diane! You just can't go wrong with chocolate!