Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Monogram Christmas

I discovered this pretty layout when I visited Monica Gale's blog.  She is a UK demo and her stamps were different from those available in the U.S., so I adapted her idea to products I could work with.  I was pleased with the result!
The Baja Breeze card base was stamped with the Baroque Motif image and Baja Breeze classic ink.
Next, the wreath from Welcome Christmas was stamped in Cherry Cobbler Classic ink on a small piece of River Rock card stock.  A small strip of Cherry Cobbler was added to the left side and  decorated with chunky glitter.  I love that look!  So sparkly and festive! 
The Monogram letter C was stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla card stock.  It was punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch and attached to the middle of the wreath.
Next, I inked the word Christmas with a marker and cut it into a banner shape.  The cute little bird  is a stamp from Northern Hearts (retired Hostess set).
The "Merry" from Teeny Tiny Wishes  (Merry Christmas stamp) was stamped and punched out with the tiny jewelry tag punch.
The lace ribbon was formed into a bow that is held together with a brad.  (Thanks to Mary Brown for this technique!) 
The C for Christmas is embellished with a tiny basic pearl.  I love the pretty  vintage look of the completed card.  Hope you do, too!
Thanks for visiting! 

No comments: