Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tulips for You

This pretty set, Blessed Easter, can be used for many different occasions.

It can be found in the new Occasions Spring Catalog.
I love the tulips, but would like to use them for cards that are not for Easter.  To make this stamp more versatile I cut the sentiment off and mounted it separately.  Now I won't have to ink the sentiment with the tulip stamp if I want to use a different one.

First I sponged the background colors on white card stock to create a sky and ground.   Next, the image was stamped with black ink and colored in with ink refills and an Aqua  Painter. I used a green marker to add some additional grass around the flower stems.
.
To add dimension to the petals, I stamped the petals a second time on scrap paper an cut them out.They were shaped gently with my bone folder and attached to the blossoms on the card.  I like the change this little technique made in the look of the blossoms.

The Thinking of You sentiment was added to the card front.  It is from the Peaceful Petals stamp set, which can also be found in the Occasions Spring catalog.
 Recipe:
Card stock: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz Whisper White.
The sky was sponged with Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and So Saffron ink pads.
Inks used for stems and leaves were Pear Pizzazz and Certainly Celery, and a Garden Green marker for the grass.

Thanks for looking,

No comments: