Sunday, March 29, 2015

Embossed Swallowtail Butterfly






I'm in a mood to make butterfly cards! The Swallowtail butterfly is a beautiful stamp that is very versatile for trying new techniques.
When I found this sketch challenge on
 Freshly Made Sketches I decided to use it for my card.
The image was stamped with VersaMark ink on white card stock.  Then I heat embossed it with Melon Mambo EP (retired).
I took some Champagne Mist metallic ink (also retired) and applied it over the butterfly with an Aqua Painter, then heat set it with my heat tool.The rest of the card is easy to figure out.
I love the Melon Mambo color with this pretty dsp.


The small stamp inside is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set.



1 comment:

Jen Mitchell said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous! I love the shimmer from the metallic ink. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!