Thursday, May 8, 2008

Snappy Birthday card


I love these colors together. . . Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, and a touch of blue. For the layout I chose TechnoStamper's challenge #16. This is a fun layout and very easy! My Earth Elements buttons were the perfect color, and I tied them up with some blue DMC. The birthday hat has a glittered tassle on top, and the polka dots are colored with a white gel pen. Getting back to the main image, the crab was colored with aqua painters and ink from my markers. I just scribbled on a piece of acetate and picked up that ink with my aqua painter. A little paper piercing on the edges of the ruby red paper added a little more detail. I really like the sentiment at the bottom: a pinch to grow an inch! My dad always said that when I was growing up! He always teased me about needing lots of pinches because I've always been a shortie! This card will be for one of my granddaughters who loves all kinds of creatures! Her birthday is coming up soon.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Very very cute card, thanks for playing. I love that crab.

MelissaS said...

So cute! Love how you added the touch of blue, and the buttons on the left panel.

Unknown said...

I just love this card!

loyaz said...

This is another of my favorite sets and I love what you've done with it. TFS