Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chalk & Pencils Bunny



I was stamping with my sister while on vacation. She had this cute bunny stamp by Penny Black and we decided to use it on this circle card. The stamp was slightly larger than the circle so the pansy at the top of the card was cut off. I re-stamped the pansy on another card, cut it out, and layered it over the edge of the card. I really like this dimmensional effect.

The circle card was cut from celery card stock using the scalloped nestabilities. To do this, I folded my card first, then placed the fold just under the cutting edge of the scallop die. I used scotch tape to hold the die in place. When cut, the fold remains in tact and the top edge of the scallop does not quite show but the card opens from the top.

The bunny is colored with pencils and shaded with Stampin' Up! pastels. I love the soft look the pastels give. The scan does not show the glitter in the 3 pansies that are layered and put on with a dimensional. The circle was cut with a plain nestabilities die and then layered onto a rust scalloped circle.

I'll be trying to post more often now that most of my summer travel is complete! Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments: