Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh, So Lovely poppy card


I just got around to mounting this stamp set, Oh, So Lovely.
I thought I'd try this poppy with a little watercoloring and markers. The flower is stamped with black StazOn ink on a piece of watercolor paper. The neat thing about watercolor paper is how it accepts the color. First, I used my Aqua Painter to wet the blossom area. Using my Real Red marker, I followed the edge of the flower. Using the Aqua Painter I pulled the color into the rest of the flower. I left the center uncolored. When dry, I used my YoYo Yellow marker to color in the center. I followed the stem lines with an Old Olive marker.
To assemble the card, I layered the image on a piece of black card stock, then again on a Going Gray card. I used my Mat Pack and paper piercing tool to make the decorative edge along the right side and bottom of the watercolor piece. Then I repeated the red color in the flower by punching out a red corner with the SU corner punch.
The whole piece was attached to a folded confetti white card which measures 3 1/4" x 6 1/2".
This set has two other long stemmed images which I plan to work on soon!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: