Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Top Note Die Box




This cute box was cased from KarenG who posted it on her blog. I really love the way she decorated it, and I just changed the DSP and varied the embellishments. It opens up to reveal a treat of your choice!


To make the covers, I glued rose red paper on both sides of a 5 x 4 1/2" piece of white cardboard with a SU glue stick. After giving it a few minutes to dry, I cut it out with the top note die and my Sizzix machine. I repeated the process for the bottom piece. Next, I cut 2 pieces of the DSP and trimmed along the perforated edge. I attached it to the cardboard piece with my snail adhesive. I stamped and punched out the scalloped embellishment and attached it to the little front. To make the box, I scored a quarter sheet of card stock 1" all around, snipped 4 parallel tabs and folded it up. To make the other box piece, I did the same, except the scoring was 1/16" narrower, so it would fit inside the other box half.


No comments: