Thursday, December 24, 2009

Birds & blooms

This cute card as made with the Birds & Blooms and Little Leaves sizzlit dies. I chose the Merry Christmas sentiment from the hostess set, Holiday Best. I'm thinking that this card would be just as nice for a Valentine by just changing the sentiment! What do you think?
I like how the striped grosgrain ribbon ties it all together. I used the little horizontal slot punch to make the tiniest cut on the fold of the card and the front edge so I could wrap the ribbon around the front. That way it shows in the inside front of the card.
The colors used on this card are Riding Hood Red and Certainly Celery. The little birds are sponged with ink around the edges as well as the leaves that extend beyond the ovals.
This card finishes up my holiday stamping for this year! I hope you've been inspired just a little bit!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Please check back with me soon for some more ideas and stamping fun!

No comments: