Friday, April 23, 2010

A Stinkin' Cute card!

This is the first time I've used this little skunk stamp!  I've seen some cards lately that used the "Out of the Box" technique and I decided I'd give it a try.  Although it's just a little bit that extends out of the circle, I think it qualifies for the technique.
The image was stamped in White Craft ink and embossed with White E.P.  Next. I found a circle and traced it around he image, allowing just the foot and flower to extend beyond the circle.  I hand-cut the circle and the extending details. Then I stamped the daisy a second time on Summer Sun paper and cut it out.  It is attached with a drop of Tombow all purpose glue.
The card base is Summer Sun, and the dotted pieces are from the retired Night and Day specialty dsp.
I punched out the small and large ovals to put behind the white embossed sentiment strip.
A white gel pen was used to make the "stripes" on the skunk. Two black vintage brads accent two of the squares on he card front.
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a "Stinkin' Sweet"  day!


No comments: