Sunday, December 29, 2013

Fabulous You

When I saw this shoe I decided it would definitely work for a New Year's card.  Here's what I made:

 The shoe was stamped in black ink on Whisper White card stock.  It was cut out with the Framelits Labels and attached to a 5"  square black card.
I searched for a Happy New Year stamp but couldn't find a thing except for this one from retired All Year Cheer II.  Perhaps a little large, but it works on this card. It was cut out with the Chalk Talk Framelits.

The framelit was a little too short for this greeting, so here is what I did to make it longer:
 1.  Stamped the image on white card stock.
2.  Attached the framelit so that it fit one end of the image.
3.  Cut it with my Big Shot, but stopped cutting when I reached the middle of the die.
4.  Removed card from the Big Shot and moved die to the other end of the card, lining up the cutting lines.  (Turned card around so I would be cutting from the opposite end.)
5. Put card back into Big Shot and continued cutting on the opposite end of the die.  Stopped in the middle again.  Removed card from Big Shot and took out the perfectly cut frameI love how this worked out!

The shoe is decorated with lots of glitter and some rhinestones.  I think it's very festive looking!

 Below is the inside of  the card.


I used the the Music Notes wheel...perfect for a party or celebration.
Oops! The little star was added after I accidentally touched the card with an inky finger.  The star is from a retired Sale-a-bration set called So Happy For You.
I did make a matching envelope with the Envelope Punch Board and decorated it with the Music Notes wheel, also. (Pictured in first photo.)

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a fun, festive, and safe New Year's Eve.


No comments: