Wednesday, January 1, 2014

People Like You card

I   fancied up one of the new stamp sets, People Like You, that will be available beginning Friday when the Occasions Spring Catalog becomes active. 
I used the large paper doily sizzlit die (#125592) to add a layer behind the main image.  I like it on this card because it adds depth to the card front.

Sponge daubers were used to shade the background.   The little banners were added at the bottom of the card to provide a base as well as pull the colors to the bottom of the card.
The color of the card base and ink for the flowers is Strawberry Slush, one of the 2013 - 2015 collection of In Colors.
Other colors used on the card are Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Soft Suede, and Whisper White.

I stamped the smaller flower on the inside of the card by inking it up with a marker.
A marker was also used to fill in some of the lines that were not on the stamp image.
I'm sure I'll be making more cards with this pretty stamp soon.
So glad you stopped by!

No comments: